Shine The Vehicle Without Damaging The Car Paint
1. Don’t Use Compound
To make your car paint shiny again, it is highly recommended not to use compound as routine maintenance. The use of compound can make your car paint slowly erode so that the color of the car can fade. The compound works as a polishing drug that is used by rubbing it into the car body. This can indeed polish your car because the dull surface of the car can be eroded. However, this will actually make the car paint can be eroded.
2. Use Wax
If you want to make the car shiny without the need to erode the surface of the paint, you can use wax because it feels safer. This is because wax has wax-like properties. Here are the steps for using wax in your car.
1. Make sure you put your vehicle in a place that is not exposed to direct sunlight.
2. Wash your car body thoroughly. No need to use car shampoo if your vehicle is not too dirty. However, if the condition of your car is full of mud and stains, then you can use car shampoo so that your car body is really in a clean condition.
3. After that, dry the car using a chamois cloth. Then you can start polishing.
4. But if your car’s paint is still in good shape, you can skip the polish and go straight to the waxing process.
5. Get the wax, polish, sponge, and clean soft cloth or microfiber.
6. Apply polishing medicine to the sponge (if you are using a liquid polishing drug model). Then rub the sponge on the car body in a circular or up and down motion. After that, wait for a few minutes, approximately 10-15 minutes.
7. After drying, you can clean the remnants of the polish using a microfiber. So that the results can be maximized, you can do it up to several steps, don’t immediately use polishing drugs on the entire car body.
8. The next process is waxing. This process is actually almost the same as the process of polishing using a polishing drug, but the waxing process is lighter.
9. Polishing the wax on the body of your car, then let it sit for a while. No need to wait long, you only need to wait for about 5 minutes.
10. Then when dry, clean the remnants of wax using a dry cloth.
11. For a car body that still looks shiny and free of mold, it would be better if you waxed at least once a month.
Apart from making your car body shiny, another thing you can do is to take care of your car paint. Here are some ways you can take care of your car paint to keep it shiny all the time.
1. Avoid your car exposed to rain water continuously. If your car is exposed to rain, you should dry it immediately so that it doesn’t cause mold to grow, which can make the paint dull and no longer shiny.
2. As much as possible keep your car from the dust that is around. Dust and dirt that stick to the car body can be scratched, causing scratches. If there is dust stuck to it, as soon as possible to clean it. Clean the dust using water so as not to cause scratches on the car body.
3. Usually, many car owners use car covers to protect their cars. However, do not use the cover when the car is exposed to direct sunlight because this can make it damp so that molds appear on the car body. It would be better if you use the cover when the surroundings are cold or at night.
4. Do not use a cover material that can be penetrated with water. If you use a cover with a material like that and don’t open it immediately, it will certainly cause mold on your car paint.
5. Avoid parking the car under shady trees. Indeed, your car should be placed in shady places, but you also need to pay attention to the position of that place. If you put it under a tree, bird droppings or insects could stick to your car. The dirt that sticks to make the paint become damaged and dull.
6. Avoid using paints, medicines, shampoos and anything related to car care that contains ingredients that can erode the surface of your car.
7. Avoid things that can damage the car paint, such as when filling the battery or brake oil. Both of these materials are very dangerous for your car paint.